The way you spend your time before breakfast sets the tone for the rest of the day. It even influences the way you will sleep at night.
Especially in these challenging times of the Coronavirus it’s tempting to get sloppy. But I can assure you from my own experience that when you give in to feeling down it is the start of a slippery slope downwards. You will not care about your plans anymore, about how you look or about what you eat and drink.
What works in your favor? What will work against it?
One of every three mobile owners looks at their phone during the night. Almost 50% of people look at their mobile first thing in the morning. In reality this means that other people – the journalists of the news or the ones sending you whatsapps or emails – decide what your mood will be.
For instance, you get frustrated because the news isn’t good (as it never is, because otherwise it wouldn’t have made it to the news).
Or someone asks for your help. And now you’re distracted to think of ways to comply. Mind you, it’s great that someone cares enough about you to ask for help. And you should help. But most of the time it’s not good to be informed in the middle of the night or in the early morning. You’d better start the day right and help yourself first.
Every day is a great day!
Then what is a smart way to spend your time before breakfast? Of course, I know what my best start is (look at my info graphic), but I am not that arrogant to want to impose my best start on everybody else. Yet, I DO want to inspire you with some possibilities:
- Stretch your body in all directions
- Breath in 10 times through your nose on a count of 4 and out through your mouth on a count of 8
- Drink 3 glasses of water
- Make a list of 26 things you could do before breakfast to keep your physical and mental health (!)
- Make a cup of tea
- Read a chapter in a book about finances
- Walk the dog, or the neighbor’s dog
- Have an exercise routine of 20 minutes
- Walk the stairs up and down 10 times
- Write 10 thank you notes to people that played an important part in your life
- Wish your neighbor a good morning
- Make a plan for a day trip and collect all the stuff you will need then
- List 10 things you are grateful for
- Call your child(ren) or grandchild(ren) and tell them you love them
- List 30 things of how you can earn some money on the side
- Draw a comic about your ideal day
- Meditate for 10 minutes
- Make the outline of the book you want to write
- List all the places you want to visit or revisit
- Write down 3 negative thoughts and rewrite them into positive ones.
- Smile to yourself in the mirror
- Decide what the most important task of that day will be
- Set a goal for the number of kilos you want to weigh in 6 months
- Swim for 15 minutes
- Work in the garden for half an hour
- Lift weights for 5 minutes
We are all different
The person I am now is the sum of all the great people and teachers I have met. It’s my mission to pass on the wisdom I gained from these people. If you could do with guidance as well, I’d be most happy to help you. Have a look at our program:
What is your favorite way to spend your time before breakfast? Let us know in the comment box below.